JPT high power pulsed fiber lasers make use of master oscillator power amplifier (MOPA) configuration, and show excellent laser performance with high level of temporal pulse shaping controllability. As compared to the Q-switch technology, the pulse repetition frequency (PRF) and pulse width can be controlled independently in MOPA configuration, through adjusting different combination of the above parameters, the peak power of laser can be well maintained. And enable JPT laser suitable for more material processing which Q-switch limited. The higher output power makes its advantages especially in high speed marking applications.
Mopa fiber laser is widely used in dozens of manufacturing processes, such as black marking on anodized aluminum, color marking on stainless steel, deep engraving, welding of dissimilar metal sheets, paint removal of plastic product, laser cleaning, flight marking, electrode tab & photovoltaic silicon wafer cutting, etc. Therefore, we can see the pulsed fiber laser is being used in an increased number of industries, including the 3C electronics, new energy battery,metal processing, food package, high-speed railway, ships.
Mopa Fiber Lasers FAQs
Question: What is the difference between the MOPA and Q-switched laser marking application?
1. Both laser offers similar marking applications but MOPA laser offers great flexibly and adjustment of various laser parameters e.g. prf, pulse duration, peak power, pulse shape etc.
2. In color marking, MOPA laser offers more bright and clear marking compared to Q-switched laser marking.
3. Higher Pulse Repetition Frequency of MOPA Laser helps in creating precision marking.
4. The edges of marked feature are generally yellow and rougher in Q-switched however, in case of MOPA laser; edges are smooth without being yellow.
Question: What applications can a 50/60W MOPA fiber laser marking machine do?
1. Cutting gold silver sheet
2. Engraving of metallic and non-metallic materials
3. Engraving of curved surface like wedding ring or bracelet
4. Colorful marking in stainless steal
5. Black marking in oxygen aluminum
Question: How many types of materials can be processed by MOPA laser machine?
Anodized Aluminium Oxide (AAO)
Question: How many colors can be made by MOPA laser machine?
The variation in mark color is achieved by controlling the laser energy. When the MOPA laser's energy is increased the color in exposed area changes in the following sequence:
Question: What's MOPA Laser?
MOPA stands for Master Oscillator Power Amplifier. Master Oscillator can produce light with a lesser amount of energy while Power Amplifier amplifies the light to achieve required power levels. At present, it is most advanced technology that provides great flexibility and customization of operation.
Question: What kinds of materials can I engrave with a MOPA laser?
Metals like gold, silver, aluminum, copper, titanium, platinum, brass, Tungsten, chrome, Nickel. Besides metals, ceramic, fiber glass and carbon, plastics and polymers etc.